1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reincarnated Movie Voices

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by airportkid, Sep 26, 2011.

1. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Was catching up on old Alfred Hitchcock Presents shows my parents forbade me from watching when they were broadcast 50 years ago (they were afraid TV would turn me into a juvenile delinquent - they were wrong - I became a juvenile delinquent without any help at all from the TV), and watching this one ---

Alfred Hitchcock Presents Full Episode (The Right Price) - IMDb

--- was amazed to recognize Allyn Joslyn's voice as - Tom Wilkinson's, right down to inflection & tone.

Watch it & see if you don't agree.

Which leads to wondering whose voices today are reincarnations of earlier performers'. Brings up the possibility that perhaps there are a limited number of possible human voices, and sometimes the same voice becomes publicly known more than once.

Intriguing.

2. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Darn you Mark....I didn't know IMDB had full Hitchcock Presents episodes. Now that's another series on my to watch list;) I've currently been watching Treme and Murdoch Mysteries. Murdoch is a welcomed crime series that is not the same old CSI formula.

3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    YouTube has sixty-some clips from MacGuyver, a series I totally missed when it was fashionable. Now I know how to remotely time a PCP/naptha bomb explosion and circumvent a security doorway protected by laser sensors. One never knows when skills like those might come in handy. Or I could just carry my sonic screwdriver with me everywhere.

I sometimes wonder how much smarter MacGuyver would have been if he had also watched a MacGuyver series when he was growing up. Perhaps he watched Mission Impossible?

Keeping it on-topic, I notice Hulu/Imdb also has the same content. I didn't know there was an association between the two companies.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not reincarnated (well preserved, perhaps): I've been recording old Twilight Zone episodes, and it's surprising to see so many famous actors at such a young age. (Also, TV has come a very long way since then) Eerily, I saw Cliff Robertson in "The Dummy" the night before he died. Do do do do....

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's one. OK, not from the movies, but still a famous person 'reincarnated'. Freddie Mercury had an amazing voice, and Marc Martel both sounds and looks eerily similar. The link has a couple of clips for you to listen to.

6. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not voice per se, but in all other respects Anna Kendrick is Tom Cruise in the movie "Up In the Air". The resemblance is so exact in all particulars it kept distracting me to wonder if Tom had secret surgery.