1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Related battery experience

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Lee Jay, May 8, 2017.

1. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yesterday was the first day I flew R/C since last year. Before I put everything away for the season, I made sure my Lithium Polymer batteries were all between 40% and 60% of full-charge. That was October.

Here we are, 6-7 months later and I took out my batteries and checked them. All 6 were between 40% and 60%. So, very little sign of self-discharge in 6 months. That surprised me. Of course, they weren't hooked to anything.

These batteries are not dissimilar to the ones in the Prime - they are flat, high-power cells. I abuse them a lot more than the Prime abuses its batteries. The maximum discharge rate of the Prime is about 7-8C (7-8 times the rated capacity meaning they can be discharged in 1/7th to 1/8th of an hour). I routinely discharge my R/C batteries at 15C and yesterday I used them at up to 27C. They're rated for 35C.

Just an FYI.

Oh, by the way, this is what three airplanes, two radios, one field box, one jug of water and one tool kit look like in the Prime.

IMG_6498.jpg

#1 Lee Jay, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Andyprius1, KokomoKid, heiwa and 2 others like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i notice the same with my ryobi power tools. 100% charged, they don't seem to discharge at all.