1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Relax Cindy, He'll Be Out of Office Soon Enough...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, and as you can see, the date for the big protest is enclosed. I wonder how many of the shrill anti-war/Bush vocalists from PC will be in attendance.... :lol:

[​IMG]

Edit:

I'm come up with a new term:

"Flamingo's"

For the Anti-War/Bush crowd who scream about Iraq/Bush, yet don't do anything about it other than biatch about it on websites... They stand there, looking pretty and all amongst other Flamingo's, but in reality, wimpy, relatively useless, and all they do is consume and deficate all over the place... :lol:

2. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 27 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]293332[/snapback]</div>

he gets enough of my letters...............

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What a sad individual she is...in several ways.

4. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If she was truly concerned with saving lives she would have used that money to buy body armor for the guys in Iraq that don't have any. But that would make too much sense, wouldn't it?

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Jul 27 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]293352[/snapback]</div>
    That means the bush adminstration isn't concerned about about saving lives cause there's a lack of funds for body armour and there's plenty of funds to fill Halliburton's coffers, right?

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Hey maybe Exxon can funnel some of that $1,000/sec profit to top of the line armor/equipment for the troops....

7. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 27 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]293363[/snapback]</div>

I think that they and their officers may already do so via double and triple taxes on income and investment/estate taxes... :unsure:

8. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 27 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]293363[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. They should funnel back dividends to the stockholders. And the soldiers need to keep securing future oil resources in which Exxon can tap into. Nice of the government and the taxpayers to foot that bill huh?

9. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jul 27 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]293383[/snapback]</div>

EXXON stockholders and management are taxpayers too, you know :rolleyes:

10. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wasn't defending the Bush administration, if that's what you meant. It's the administration's fault for being too cheap to properly protect soldiers in Iraq who are fighting the administration's war. But if Cindy really wanted to put her money to good use, she would have directly tried to save another soldier’s life by giving armor to him or her. But instead she squandered her son's money buying real estate just to talk to a man with the I.Q. of a chimpanzee. Please, never mistake me for a Republican or a Bush supporter, for that is the greatest insult someone can give to me.

11. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Jul 27 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]293564[/snapback]</div>
    That was a few thousand bucks, no big deal... squander it...

The tradgedy is that she squandered her son's sacrifice to our great nation. People won't remember him for being the war hero, but will remember him for being the son of the bitter ugly obnoxious woman chasing Bush around the country only to never get a meeting with him.

12. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Jul 27 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]293564[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, and she can fix homelessness by paying rent for a couple dozen bums.

13. wstander

wstander New Member

It was reported on the AM news today that Cindy Sheehan did not buy the property directly; she bought it from a middleman. The lady who sold it was sort of 'duped' in to thinking that the new owner was a Katrina victim. The so-called Katrina victim then purportedly resold the 5 acres to Ms. Sheehan.

Still looking to validate this, although it is feasible. (Celebrities often use middlemen to keep the price within reason, etc.)

14. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 27 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]293586[/snapback]</div>

This is a horrible thing to say and this reflects that you have a complete lack of empathy for anyone. I'm not stating that I agree with how she's handling her loss but you avidly defend pro life causes and when a CHILD is killed in a war, it's no big deal and the respective parent should show no outrage. Since you have no empathy, it probably didn't occur to you that she may not have supported the war in the first place, her son gets sent to fight in such a war (a war for which the initial cause of action was negated) and then he gets murdered by the enemy. And you think she's bitter and ugly?!?!? I guess when your children are of age, you'll send them to Iraq and show no outrage, sorrow or anger if they should encounter harm? So long as they're remembered as a war hero, correct?

15. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Jul 28 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]293884[/snapback]</div>
    From all that I have read about this case, Casey, her son. was a volunteer, an adult of 20+ years age, and was somewhat supportive of the mission. No one has been drafted in to the military in over 30 years; if anyone is in the military now, they are in voluntarily and should have known that at some time they may have to go fight a war in which they had no choice.

Casey was her child, but was a mature adult. What and who would she have blamed if he had died in a Prius on the way to work?

BTW: I wonder how happy Casey would be to see his mother posing with such as Hugo Chavez? I was embarrassed as hell when my mother wrote to then President Nixon about my service. My mother at least had the good sense to not pose with Ho Chi Minh or Fidel Castro.

Having said the above, Ms. Sheehan has every right to protest the war in any legal manner she chooses. No one on this board seems to have a problem calling any president of the USA derogatory names; I can append any negative comment that I wish to Ms. Sheehan and what I to consider her 'ugly and vicious activities'.

16. Dion

Dion New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While it is true that she is not the most attractive person. It's very immature to call someone's mother ugly just because you disagree with them.

Let me get this right. Just because I volunteer to protect my country in the military, it is perfectly justifiable for the President to send me to die in war for any stupid reason he deems necessary.

17. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Jul 28 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]293911[/snapback]</div>
    I am not in any position to judge Ms. Sheehan as I could not possibly have any knowledge of what this woman is going through ( I know how out of sorts and irrational I felt after losing my cat of 17 years!). My posting was to express an opinion on the poster that made such harsh and insensitive statements about a person (not their activities) who is obviously in a state of flux due to the loss of her son. Maybe I shouldn't judge this poster either because anybody who has such a blatant disregard of another person's loss may have their own issues with which they are contending.

Oh and your Mom must be very proud of her son! :)

18. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dion @ Jul 28 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]293924[/snapback]</div>

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Just like it is perfectly reasonable for YOU to send ME to die trying to save you from a criminal even if I don't like you. Sheesh!!!!

19. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Hah! If only it were so simple... a criminal our taxes put into power and gave weapons too!!!! (that would be both Rumsfeld and Saddam)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Jul 28 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]294004[/snapback]</div>

20. Mirza

Mirza New Member

While you're concocting your replies... please keep in mind that Iraq was a Democracy until Rumsfeld and whoever else decided to thumb their nose in Iraqi affairs. Foreign policy failure after failure. I can only hope the democracy in Iraq stabilizes (and given time it should)... and that future foreign policy washouts are not repeated.