1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reliable Toyota in Springfield, Missouri

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by efusco, Dec 30, 2003.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Josh Parker was my dealer. If you plan to buy anywhere in the area of SW Missouri I'd definately give Josh a call. As of this posting there is still a pretty good backlog, but I know that at least one person who ordered in late Oct./ early Nov. has gotten his Prius (another doctor where I work) through Josh.

Josh is a straight shooter, will go out of his way and buck the standards pressured on him by the dealership to get you the deal you want. You can tell him I sent you if you want (I guess I get $50 if you do), but you don't have to. I consider Josh a friend now--I can assure you I've never come close to saying that about any other car dealer in my life! Josh is officially over at the BMW area now, but is still able to sell the Prius.

http://www.reliableautos.com/

2. tag

tag Senior Member

I visited the site and was surprised to learn that they're both a Toyota and Lexus dealer. I was under the impression that there was a strict separation between the two divisions. Guess I was wrong on that score.

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not down here....We're family friends with the owner of:

Toyota of Greenville
    Lexus of Greenville
    Porsche of Greenville
    Volvo of Greenville

Let's just say he's done well for himself since buying the Toyota of Greenville dealership a number of years ago.

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Wow! I've never seen a Toyota/Lexus dealership under one roof where I live nor, for that matter, a Honda/Acura dealership.

I've bought a few cars from (and referred friends and relatives to) my local auto mall which will sell you a Honda, Saab, Porsche, BMW, Benz, Cadillac, or Infinity. They've always claimed Honda won't let them sell new Honda's and Acura's (i.e. it's an either/or proposition). That, and the fact that I've never seen a Honda/Acura dealer, I figured it was the same for Toyota/Lexus.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's weird, this isn't an Auto Mall per se, but he has bought out a bunch of stores around him on "The Motor Mile" as we call it so that all of his dealerships can be next to each other. He even bought out a furniture store (Rhodes) and uses it as a warehouse to hold the cars. He only keeps a few out on the lot at a time, then you can go into the nice and air conditioned/heated warehouse and choose out the color you want, options, etc.

6. FarNorth

FarNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura

I know that Anchorage is not the hub of dealers but Nye Frontier Toyota has Lexus on the same floor and Continental Honda has Acuras on the same floor. (Nye Frontier also has a Ford dealership just north in Wasilla)

Happened to have purchased from both (not a FORD)

Toyota 2004 Prius Salsa Red AM
    Honda 1999 CRV

Former: 1983 Toyota Camry
    1988 Toyota Camry