1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Car Starter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BluePriusPA, Nov 23, 2005.

1. BluePriusPA

BluePriusPA New Member

Has anyone installed or can a remote car starter be installed on a 2005 Prius? Thank you

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I'm not sure it's even necessary, as the ICE wouldn't come on anyway. Even if you us ethe key normally, the ICE doesn't kick in when you push the accelerator unless you floor it or until a certain speed is reached. A remote starter just seems to be rather pointless in a Prius.

3. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    no, my ICE turns on after a few seconds if I'm sitting there and it's cold out.

4. kente777

kente777 New Member

I rented a Prius for a day, and I agree...it did the same thing to me. I'm just wondering if a remote start is possible.

Ken

5. DHonzik

DHonzik Junior Member

I don't think that would be possible, since it would have to have the same security code or registration protocol as your normal key before the engine immobilizer system would allow the engine to be even started. If it was possible, it would have to be a Toyota accessory....since it would have to be programmed in to the car computer like the normal keys are.