1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Engine Start available at PC Shop

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dbacksfan, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hey, just saw that the Remote Engine Start is available at PC Shop.

How many fobs are included in the kit?

How much would one expect to pay to have it installed at a Toyota dealership?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    apparely you press the lock button twice to unlock then lock then hold the lock button 3 seconds and the car will start.

4. OZ132

OZ132 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What do you mean, "start?"

5. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    i find out friday. they will install mine at beaman toyota, mine was part of my lease deal.
    fred from nashville

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It puts the car into "Ready" mode, which means the AC will work, radio, defroster, etc.

7. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If remote start is software, loaded by a dealer, are we buying a voucher from the PC shop that is good at any Toyota dealer? Then feature is loaded by local dealer. Please explain. I have requested this feature on my Pv. Car is not at port yet, maybe I could cancel order and buy through the PC store.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wouldn't say it's all software. I'm not personally familiar with what all is entailed in the installation, so I can't say if it's something you could easily do yourself or would need the dealership to do.

9. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The device is more than just software - there's an ECU involved that communicated w/ the immobilizer ECU so that the car can be legitimately started w/o the FOB being nearby, BUT only done so when locked AND immediately disabled if the car is taken out of Park (i.e. someone inside), doors unlocked or if 10 minutes have elapsed since engine start.

The software required at the dealer interfaces w/ the car and enables a couple of features required for the system to function correctly. Same process is required for a couple of other features, such as the RS3200 alarm.

1 person likes this.
  10. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    HTML Spinner, would you happen to know if the vehicle shuts off when the door is opened? We never sell remote starts because it's not really a big deal to heat/cool the car before getting in. I was told that the vehicle shuts off when the door is opened, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

11. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Makes sense to me, it's an anti theft feature. You can start and warm the car in winter from the comfort of your warm home or cool your car in the heat of winter before you leave the office, but if someone hearing your unattended car running breaks into your car the system shuts down and is impossible to restart without the fob. Of course this is only useful if you park near where you are going to be.

12. NovaStu

NovaStu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, the car shuts down if the door is opened. It also shuts down if you hit the unlock button on your fob. This is a safety feature to prevent someone from blindsiding you as you open the door to a running car and attempting to steal it or car-jack you and the car.

Stu
    ===
    2010 Prius V with AT package in Silver

13. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    well i find out in a couple of hours. this is either going to be a great event or a fiasco. ill let you know later today.
    fred from nashville