1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Keyfob Not Working

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by posgeorge, Jan 12, 2011.

1. posgeorge

posgeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am a new owner of a used Prius. On the factory keyfobs the lock/unlock and Panic Buttons were not working -little led did not lite up on keyfob either. Read posts -switched out the batterys on both remotes with a new one. Still nothinhg. Used key to open the door and keyfob to start the car. I went to the dealer and was quoted 450-500 for new keyfobs, reprogramming etc... While waiting there in the service lane to be written up, I saw the little red panic button cover had fallen off one of the keyfobs. I pushed it and my alarm went off !! I tried the lock/unlock and both worked ! Apparently the red panic button was stuck down or jammed causing the remote not to work. Took my pen knife and pried off the the other keyfob red button carefully --it worked too!! Went out and had the best lunch ever on Toyota! I hope someone gets as lucky as me and can save a bundle on a stuck vs broken keyfob!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good tip, thanks! and welcome!