1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Keyfob window roll down feature?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by livininspirit, Apr 25, 2008.

1. livininspirit

livininspirit New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi guys,

I just got the Prius, but what I really miss is the feature where I can roll down all my windows with my keyfob (and close them as well). My Honda Accord had it, so did my Jetta. Here in SoCal, it is REALLY useful during summer times to roll down the window as you walk to the car so that way it vents the initial heat out...

So, is there a mod for that? Either some how enable a feature in the car's computer system (What I had to do with my Jetta) or buy an aftermarket system?

Thanks..

1 person likes this.
  2. yunebug

yunebug Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That would be a great mod. I had that with my Audi. VAG-COM. :0)

Starting the search now...

3. gregboyle

gregboyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Yes, I want that too.... willing to pay for chip or mod.... any ideas?

4. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    how much.

I toyed with the idea of several successive hits of the open door button on the fob within 10 seconds would open the windows. It works and can all be done under the drivers kick panel. Say 5 hits of the remote open would role the windows down. It also tries to openn the doors 5 times but the remote is limited. The after market remotes usually detect open window by holding down the open door for 5 seconds. Too much electronics in the prius to mess with to detect the signal. I never used it personally so I removed the mod. I have it on my truck as a standard thing and rarely use it. So Cal.
    I found rolling down the windows with the vent running worked better since 100 outside makes little difference to the 150 inside the car.

1 person likes this.
  5. gregboyle

gregboyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Can we chat on the phone, or via email? my email is [email protected]

Thank You,

Greg

I toyed with the idea of several successive hits of the open door button on the fob within 10 seconds would open the windows. It works and can all be done under the drivers kick panel. Say 5 hits of the remote open would role the windows down. It also tries to openn the doors 5 times but the remote is limited. The after market remotes usually detect open window by holding down the open door for 5 seconds. Too much electronics in the prius to mess with to detect the signal. I never used it personally so I removed the mod. I have it on my truck as a standard thing and rarely use it. So Cal.
    I found rolling down the windows with the vent running worked better since 100 outside makes little difference to the 150 inside the car.[/QUOTE]