1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Start for Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by adamorzol, Apr 18, 2007.

1. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

The 2007 Prius official accessories brochure claims that there is a VIP Security RS3200 Plus Sytem available OEM that will start your vehicle from 75 feet away (preset your radio, AC & heat controls - have your car ready to go). Does anyone know what the official part number of this OEM product is? Any recommendations on a website online that offers this item and other Toyota OEM products at a discount from the local dealers? I am located in Phoenix, and this is a needed item. Thank you Gurus!

2. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    prepare for the onslaught of "you don't need that..."

rpm

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You don't need that. :)

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    A quick Google search says that this is a Vehicle Intrusion Program. The information for the Camry (which would be easier to have a remote start than a Prius) says,

Toyota VIP Security System offers a wide range of safety and convenience features. The RS3200 Security system with Glass Breakage Sensor activates when the glass is broken or door forcibly opened and features remote door locking and un-locking from up to 80 feet away.

No mention of a remote start.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I stand corrected.

I was at a Toyota dealer today and looked at the accessories catalog for the 2007 Prius. In the center I found the item in question. It does say it's a remote start (and a remote trunk lid unlocker).

[​IMG]

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]427311[/snapback]</div>
    That's for the Avalon, no? It looks like an Avalon key.

7. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 21 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]427473[/snapback]</div>
    I spoke with Toyota USA directly and a dealer. The say they remote start unit failed some technical testing and should be released in 3 - 4 months. The brochure lists it but it is not yet available.