1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Start....Help!

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Osteoblast, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just took delivery of the V and was looking forward to the remote start feature it had. The salesman could not figure out how to make it work, and neither can I. I tried the Lock x 2 then hold Lock sequence to no avail. Anyone know the trick?? :confused:

2. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Why do you need remote starter?
    I'm not sure remote starter on Prius is a good idea, correct me anybody if I'm wrong.

Prius engine will turn off when coolant temp reaches 40C (104F)

3. Turdblossom

Turdblossom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't have a V, but on my four, you need to insure that you are pointing towards the front of the car. The range is rather limited at best a couple of hundred feet. Press the "lock" button on your FOB once, watch your blinkers flash, press "lock" again, watch your blinkers flash again and then hold down the "lock" button until the blinkers start flashing. I had to practice a bit before it came natural to me. Once you get the hang of it, you can practice to see how far away you can be for it to work.

syscon- the dealer/port installed remote start comes in very handy for defrosting the windows before you drive off. The defroster (both front and rear) will turn on if the temperature is below 40. It will also run the air conditioner (if you leave it on) during the summer months. The only drawback is the limited range on the dealer/port installed remote and the slight decrease in gas mileage.

1 person likes this.
  4. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks so much!