1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Starter for my First Prius (2013)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Hamguy_Jack, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Hamguy_Jack

Hamguy_Jack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    After seeing questions and reading about "remote starter" issues, I went to Zeibart today and made a decision.
    At first, it appeared that a $199 unit was what I wanted. Then I learned that unit would indeed turn the car "on," but not the engine! Thus, it would not "warm up" the car. Well, Wth good is that?
    The salesman then informed me that another unit would also start the engine and warm up (or cool down) the car. He explained that I would have to set the heater or A/C to the temperature I wanted before I shut off the car and set the remote. Okay, that's easy enough. So I bought the $379 unit and had it installed while I waited.
    My previous Toyota mini-van had a remote installed by Zeibart and it worked flawlessly for the 10 years that I used it. They have a "lifetime warranty" and are very customer oriented so I feel good about my purchase.
    I hope this helps someone else find a remote that works on a Prius. The brand name is: Auto Mate and it has a 3,000 ft. range. The engine will shut down after 20 minutes if not activated by ignition switch.

Princer likes this.