1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removable Sirius radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mossypete, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mossypete

mossypete New Member

Hello Prius Audio Guru's:
    On a recent trip to LA my rental car had a Sirius satellite radio and my family fell in love with it ( the Broadway show tunes channel) and want to buy me one for my birthday.
    Ive read the threads here about siriusprius and the other Prius integration kits using the fixed black box receiver but I have a question

We'd like to install a removable unit so we can use it in the house and another car (minivan) for trips

Is there a way to use a removable Sirius receiver yet still be able to integrate it into my 2004's MFD ?

Or will I be stuck with the Aux input/portable Sirius solution?

Thanks in Advance

mossypete

Pete Moss
    Berkeley CA
    04 Silver - 65K miles
    and ready for a 2nd set of tires
    (Falken Ziex 512's great wet grip and handling
    lousy tread life -25K)

2. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mossypete,
    The only way I know of to get touchscreen integration is to use one of the following:
    1.) SiriusPrius Kit
    2.) Vais SLS Kit with an outboard Sirius Tuner
    3.) The Factory kit the Metro offers

No off the shelf portable Sirius kit (that I know of) integrates with the MFD.

I've seen some pretty slick installs of Sirius Sportster's & the like here on PC...but no integration in those.

If you do get a fixed mount Prius integrated unit, adding a second Sirius subscription for a portable tuner (that you could use at home or in another car) only costs about $7/month versus the full priced
    first tuner subscription.

Hope this helps

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mossypete @ Oct 18 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]527462[/snapback]</div>