1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remove Inverter to see QR Code or ID number

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by veracruz25, Oct 4, 2011.

1. veracruz25

veracruz25 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello PriusChat,

First time posting...

What: How do I remove the inverter without killing myself. It is a 2007 Prius.:confused:

Why: I need to grab the transmission/transaxle QR Code or number. Please see image for reference.

Attached Files:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Should you decide that you really need to remove the inverter, you can obtain repair manual info at techinfo.toyota.com

However you might first try the use of a mirror and inspection light to see whether it is possible to view the stickers without going to all of the trouble associated with inverter removal.

I am also wondering why you need to obtain the numbers shown on the stickers in the first place?

1 person likes this.
  3. veracruz25

veracruz25 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for your idea. I think my buddy has an inspection camera...will try that first.

Why: I purchased the car salvaged and the CHP needs the transmission's information to insure that the replaced part was not stolen. I paid cash to the junk yard...thus no receipt nor part ID #.