1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

remove overhead console on prius 2007

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Minnie123, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Minnie123

Minnie123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have searched but nothing comes up I need to remove the entire assembly Why? I am putting in a green LED by drilling a small hole in it that will shine down onto my centre console cup holders. I am customizing my prius. I bought it 5 months ago with 386,000 KMs Original batteries. Had the entire car checked over and it is in PERFECT shape except will need new front struts sometime as the boots are shot. Yes folks I took out the ORIGINAL battery and did a volt test and all are right up there SO I bought a customized wood and leather steering wheel new leather seat covers wood interior trim kit, have installed sound proofing material (christopher That is a job in itself) (but since I wanted to take out battery for testing) and (both front door panels for exterior turn signal lights) it wasn't that bad. Then I installed a LED light inside centre console box, have installed external turn signal LED's on mirrors ( easy) have installed leds under dash for passenger and driver and under seats for rear passengers (green) took original rims and painted recessed centres of each spoke black (looks great) (threw away plastic outer covers) bought a hood visor for the Nav and a wire kit that allows the Nav to be used whenever and it uses the back up camera when turning corners etc. Plus bought a plastic bumper protector, In total I have only 4300 invested with two sets of brand new tires included. The sound Proofing is worth every penny, stereo is louder, sounds better and it s very quiet on highway and also now on gravel roads. Plus I sealed the dust out from the front door tweeters and from coming in under the plastic on the rear hatch. I also tinted the rear hatch and rear passenger windows with 15% tint. Book says you can lose nav but it never affected it at all. To top it all off I painted the centre of the toyota emblem blue and installed a black Toyota hood deflector. I get a lot of eye turning especially now that I have moved to Northern Sask. I went in and the girl at the Registry thought I was joking when I wanted to register it as she has been there for 17 years and never heard of one. Love the 5.3 ltr per 100 Kms For you americans it means I get 45 miles per US gal. OR 53 miles to the Imp Gal Canadian OR 53 miles for every $4.72 canadian Beats the shit out of everything else around. Plus I average 70 miles a hour and have plenty of power to pass vehicles. Have had it over 110 miles per hour and had room to go faster. My wife drives a 2015 Lexus and this drives just as nice. Bought everything except tint from Prius Chat and Carid. Great service from Both. If you have any questions ask. This is my first Prius. WHY PRIUS??? Cab companies in Calgary and BC make their owners trade off at 450,000 KMs so I was familiar with the car since I do lots of flying. I have put on over 10,000 in 4 mths. It has been sitting for a mth while I play with customizing it. LOVE LOVE IT and I have bought new vehicles every year for last 20 years and decided to try a used one, Bought it sight unseen and not test driven. Just wanted something cheap for the summer and now I don't want to get rid of it. Does circles around my diesel 2016 Dodge 1500 loaded Ram .

#1 Minnie123, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Prius Pete, bikes4u and Tbkilb01 like this.