1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remove scrapes on plastic interior?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Prius_for_me, May 24, 2013.

1. Prius_for_me

Prius_for_me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2013 Prius v. I already have some scrapes on the plastic backing on the back seats. They look like white scrapes on the dark gray plastic. i am so careful so I am disappointed that this could happen so easily. Has anyone had success removing these?

2. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Removing it? I doubt it. You can cover it with a fabric. Someone done this before. May be able to search it though. I know it's somewhere around here.

3. Northernguy

Northernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I would buy a good quality trim/plastic cleaner, such as ArmorAll or Black Magic protectant; anything that can be used on vinyl, rubber and plastics. Using one of these should take the white scrapes look dark again.

4. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have scrapes and dents on the center console already. It's from me grabbing the seat belt buckle and when I swing it around to buckle up, sometimes I wack it into the side of the center console.:(

5. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did this to some plastic in the wife's 4-Runner. My local Toyota parts counterman gave me this guy's telephone number. He came to my house with an assortment of SEM rattle can paint (various colors), some crazy glue, some fine sandpaper, and a few texture cloths. When he was done ~20 minutes later couldn't tell it had been patched. Charged me $20 - was about 5 years ago - so costs would likely be somewhat higher.