1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

removel of rear seat cushion

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by paul gerber, May 11, 2014.

1. paul gerber

paul gerber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    anyone have the trick for removing the rear seat cushion. in years gone by, i could grab the lower part of the frame and pull upward. not seems to be the same thing here. appreciate your ideas

2. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can't remember who posted this a few years ago, but I saved it:
    Just pull straight up on the front of the rear cushion about 6-12 inches in from the side on each front edge. I gently used a flat pry bar. Tilt the seat up to disengage the rear latch loops and the seat is free. To put it back you need to either replace the two plastic clips or reset them. You can remove them from the floor by pushing in on the long sides of the clip while prying up to disengage the latch tabs. The clips are each two pieces of plastic. If you want to try resetting the clip, press in on the two side tabs while prying up on the inner piece. Once the inner piece slides up to be flush with the outer piece you are all set. (I had a difficult time with this, but once the inner and outer pieces where flush, I was able to reuse the clips and reinstall the seat with no problem.) Either put the clip on the front rearseat loop or put the clip in the floor holes. Tilt the front of the seat up and engage the horizontal rear loops under the vertical loops (make sure the seat belts are run properly as you do this). Make sure the front loops and clips or front clips and holes in the floor are aligned depending on which method you chose. Put downward pressure on the seat and it should snap into place.
    Rear seat removal 01.JPG
    Rear seat removal 02.JPG
    Rear seat clip.JPG

3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Pretty much sums it up

VS980 4G ?

4. howardc64

howardc64 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can add a couple of notes on this

- First pull the entire clip assembly out of the car. the inner frame's latch locks the clip into the car body. Need to press these latch inwards to release the entire clip. A couple of thin tip screw driver helps as well as a pry tool. I jammed the driver's tip between the inner and outer frame of the clip. Can probably push/pry between the car body and the clip also.

- Once out, still to remove the inner frame. I used a plier to squeeze the latch inwards and a needle nose to pull it out. Its not easy on the first one while getting familiar. Clip gets pretty distorted but won't break. Watch where latch needs to clear the outer frame, that part usually gets distorted and need a little prying to get the latch to clear it. I pulled alternately between 2 side to help both side to clear.

Then the inner frame goes on the cushion metal loop and the outer frame goes into the car body. Press in and all done. My Tesla has a side rear seat support that had the exact same clip with same removal/install technique.

IMG_0102.jpeg

phoenixgreg likes this.