1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing front door panel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by checkengine, Jun 27, 2010.

1. checkengine

checkengine New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have a 2007 2nd gen Prius and I'm trying to remove the front door panel on the passenger side. Problem is, I can't get the plastic bezel off from around the door unlocking mechanism (aka the chrome lever you pull to open the door and the lock/unlock flip switch).

I managed to pull out the back half, which is secured by a plastic tab, but cannot figure out how the front half is attached. I have pried around it with some flat metal tools but am at risk of either marring the panel around it or breaking it off by prying too hard.

Anyone have any helpful hints on how to get the thing out? Much appreciated.

-Jason

2. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There's a curved plastic insert right there behind the handle that pops out with a flat screwdriver. Under that is a screw that you unscrew. Then the door panel just pulls away leaving the lock/handle in place.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are three claws that hold the bezel. The repair manual suggests using a flat-blade screwdriver whose tip has been taped up, as a lever. I haven't had occasion to remove this, so I don't know how hard you have to pry or what is the likelihood of breaking the bezel before you are done.

4. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's pretty easy to get out, but it's a pain to get back in!