1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing front license plate bracket...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pearsonrj, Oct 3, 2006.

1. pearsonrj

pearsonrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There was a post many moons ago that listed a website that sells little color-matched disks that you can stick into the holes left in your bumper when you remove the front license plate bracket. I have searched this site but I think the post was 2004 or earlier... something about bumper dots?

Thanks for any help.

2. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Try searching the archives of the old priuschat forums or priusonline.

If you can't find what you're looking for, go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a thin sheet of acrylic. Cut out the little dots and get some touchup paint from your Toyota dealer and paint the dots. Then glue them into the holes on your car with some clear high strength model glue. Usually you can get small scraps of arylic really cheap if your store is nice.

3. pearsonrj

pearsonrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I found the post at priusonline.com. The website is: Bumper Plugs.

Thanks!

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Something about that name just sounds... bad :-p

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 3 2006, 03:43 PM) [snapback]327521[/snapback]</div>
    The name does have a curious sound, but it is indeed www.bumperplugs.com. (and no substituting 'tt' for 'mper' for those who know to what I'm referring)

They began as a Porsche site but now have a paint selector that allows you to match the color of other makes of automobile.

One thing: You'll have to drill out the holes that were used to attach the license plate frame; they specify the size bit. The reason I mention it is that if it's illegal to not have a plate and you're tagged for the infraction, it may be a little more difficult to reattach.

My car is super white and the plugs match well. If you're careful drilling and make a nice clean hole, the plugs will sit pretty flush with the bumper material. It's not as good as not having the holes drilled in the first place, but it's not bad, either.