1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing primary driver?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Costco Hot Dog, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Costco Hot Dog

Costco Hot Dog New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have a 2023 Toyota LE that I got from a previous owner and they are still listed as the Primary Driver on the car. I can still add myself as a secondary. When I try to add myself and try to remove the primary, I follow all of the instructions and still get an error saying that my session has ended due to inactivity… even though I am doing this all in one sitting. I’ll upload photos when I am on the computer.

Toyota Brand Engagement Center can’t seem to troubleshoot the issue and when I took this car in for 5,000 mile maintenance at my local Toyota Dealership, they say they cannot change as they are “are locked out since it’s not registered to us.”

I do not know the previous owner and have no contact with them. Any ideas? I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. This is more of an inconvenience. I can still use CarPlay and such, but can’t remote access the car (car won’t add to my Toyota app).

Thanks in advance!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Would resetting the headunit to factory setting boot the previous owner out of the app? (I assume you’re talking about the app?)

3. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    No he's talking about the driver profile that gets loaded by the car when it starts up. I would either try what Tideland is suggesting, or changing the name of the driver profile to yours.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  4. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I assume you've followed the steps starting on page 3 of the following:
    https://www.toyota.com/content/dam/toyota/owners/my-account/pdfs/change_of_ownership.pdf