1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing rear cup holder assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mirlanda, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Mirlanda

Mirlanda New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2005 Prius that I am the original owner of. I’m trying to clean the disaster area that is my center storage console. To do that more effectively, I’m following a YouTube tutorial to remove the console. I was able to remove the front cup holders, remove the screws from behind the front cup holder assembly, and remove the two bolts from under the disgusting mat. But I can’t figure out how to remove the rear cup holders, which means I can’t remove the console because it’s still connected to the wires. The YouTube just shows him opening the cup holders and pressing down on the edge furthest from the console. But it isn’t moving. Is there something I’m missing? I searched for prior answers, but all I’m finding is gen 3. Thank you in advance.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't think you're not missing anything. Rear cup holder can be stuck. Rather than risking breaking it I've just disconnect the wires from underneath. It's a bit of a reach but can be done even on SKS equip models.

3. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    I think this video will show you what you need.

zet and JerryScript like this.