1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

removing roof inside

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by prius2go, Aug 13, 2007.

1. prius2go

prius2go Member

trying to find a topic showing how to get behind the roof lining
    :blink:

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. zenMachine

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Aug 13 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]494862[/snapback]</div>
    Let us know if the procedure works for you and if there's anything peculiar to watch out for.
    I'm thinking of removing mine to add sound dampening and heat insulation, but haven't gotten
    the nerve to try it yet.

Also, I'm not sure yet how or where the side airbags come into play. I definitely don't want to
    accidentally discharge them. Although since yours is a 2005 model you probably don't need to
    worry about that too much...

4. prius2go

prius2go Member

those three clips will be the worst
    it looks as though the ears need pressing in
    I'd like to get one out to see what it looks like

5. zenMachine

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Aug 13 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]494997[/snapback]</div>
    Too bad the original thread didn't have any pictures of the clips. I hope they're similar to the type that holds down the carpet (with "hair") and not the cable holder type (with "ears") that you must press in from behind (which in this case you can't). Either way, looks like you should be able to use the door-panel removal tool to pry it out. If the original poster could use a butter knife then maybe it's not so tough...