1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by theperfectexposure, Nov 25, 2013.

1. theperfectexposure

theperfectexposure New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, I have been trying to remove the tail lights to install LEDs. Are there more bolts than just the two bolds on the outside? Please advise

2. Mr Gee

Mr Gee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    the two bolts are all there are. after that just prise each corner rearward slowly. they will eventually 'pop' out

Changed my reverse lights to cree 5 leds

MNBud likes this.
  3. AliIzad

AliIzad Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have removed mine several times. Remove the two bolts, grab the taillight with both hands, and firmly pull straight back towards yourself. It will feel like it doesn't want to let go, but it will. Make sure you put down a towel or something soft, because if you don't completely unplug all the bulbs, it will hang down onto the bumper and possibly the side of the car. Putting it back on; make sure you line up the small slots on the outside edge of the lights, and the the small pins will pop right back in. And don't over tighten the bolts, just snug them down. The owners manual also shows you how to do it.

mertechperformance and MNBud like this.
  4. MNBud

MNBud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you guys,I was just nervous that I would break something more than I already had. After your replies,I removed it and now feel secure that I will be able to replace the lens and save $117.00 that the dealer wanted to replace this.I may need to picture the wire routing, but that won't be an issue.

mertechperformance likes this.
  5. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yup, nice and easy, get to savin' some dollas!