1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing the rear bumper cover for parking sensor install...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by rrolff, Sep 22, 2009.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know it's a stretch - but *maybe* someone has done this??????? I need to drill holes in the bumper for parking sensors, and per a previous post, want to remove the cover to see what I'm drilling into...

BTW - parking sensor thread - adding distance to the camera rear camera display:http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...d-people-backup-cameras-distance-display.html

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bump I need to remove that cover - and there are gobs of screws - anyone with a diagram????

3. josheyman

josheyman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Removing hte rear bumper cover for parking sensor install...

I am doing the exact thing. Just to see how it works, I taped the two sensors on the back of the bumper to arrive at the best locations. I plan to either pull the bumper, or get access behind it, drill two holes, and hopefully glue the sensors in place from the inside.

The unit works great. I placed the monitor above the rear view mirror which is somewhat out of sight, yet allows me to see the rear view mirror and the monitor at the same time.

Good thoughts from chilly Connecticut.