1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Renault Zoe = Worst Electric Car in Known World ?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by kenmce, Nov 14, 2013.

1. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
  2. Alan Claver

Alan Claver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Except when you ACTUALLY check on the links - first from Boing Boing and then to EFF and then to the actual item (merely a blog entry) posted here: Renault will remotely lock down electric cars — Karsten on Free Software

you find out that the evidence for this action is not something from the company but a forum entry on a Renault user website who says he "sees" a clause in the lease agreement that "might" allow Renault to do all the heinous things that the article in Boing Boing SAYS that Renault is doing.

Not surprising - Boing Boing and EFF are masters of accusing groups of illegal activities merely because the "potential for illegal activity is present".

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone here remember the Renault Dauphine ? Now, that was really bad!

4. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Had a Daupuine, drove it from Daytona to Central NY for 16.50$ in 73' had a full tank when I arrived, sold it to a friend that wanted to make it electric, in 75' unibody, rear motor, very good at space inside the vehicle, french, err french.
    Went whatever the direction the wind did, weighed less then 1,400lbs, really cost only 12.50$ from fl;)
    bald tires going tru washington, what a mistake, slowed down to 20 in the city, (bet that day was saved in history, most rear ended cars ever), the gaps between cement roadways was 12", no way I was getting a flat, drove in the left lane most of the way, ah, the 70's

Now I use 81;)

Bad, yer mad