1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rent A Prius in SF

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mboileau, Mar 31, 2004.

1. mboileau

mboileau New Member

For those of you in the Bay Area who haven't taken the plunge yet, or those of you who are agonizing over your wait and simply MUST drive a Prius for a bit to take the edge off, there's hope!

I found a company in downtown San Francisco that rents them for $49/day or $250/wk. IMHO, you can't base an ownership decision on a
    test drive at the dealership. Thought I'd pass this on.

For those of you in other parts of the country, try doing a web search on "exotic" or "specialty" car rentals to find local businesses that rent Prii.

http://www.cityrentacar.com/fleet-specialty-cars.html

2. Mau28

Mau28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    YIKES!!! thats too much...i took out a TRAC prius at Carson Toyota for 35$ a day...no wait..and great service, and unlimited mileage too. I havent checked if the bay area has tracs available but maybe one might wanta look into that. But i do agree....try before one buys...now im more hooked then ever! :mrgreen:

3. thockin

thockin New Member

TRAC? Is there an acronym guide around? What is TRAC? and what is ICE?

4. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

TRAC = Toyota Rent A Car
    ICE = Internal Combustion Engine

Brian

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. djc

djc Junior Member

I'm not sure if this is general policy, but at my dealer (Oakbrook Toyota in Westmont IL), up to three days TRAC rental cost can be directly applied to the purchase price of a car, if you decide to order one. Their rental price was also $35/day.

--Dan.

7. Batavier

Batavier Member

Hey, that's nice, Dan!

I'll have to check if my dealer (in the Netherlands) also rent the car, he doesn't mind me taking a drive for about an hour or so once every few weeks until my own Prius arrives. So far I've driven some 3 hours in a Prius and loved every minute of it!!

The dealer will get a second demo car in April, so maybe then he'll be more than happy to rent (or lend :) ) me one of them to me for a day or two. :)