1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Renting an '04 Prius at Enterprise -- wait?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by bookrats, Sep 17, 2004.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I remember Starbug (and maybe some others) had called Enterprise about renting an '04 Prius. She left her name and number with Enterprise, and then Enterprise called her back.

Question to Starbug and anyone else who's done this in the Seattle area: how long was the wait for Enterprise to call you back?

Thanks in advance...

2. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Took them about a week to find an available Prius for me (it's in VERY high demand, and is considered an exotic, so expect to pay much more for it). They had all the local Enterprises on the lookout for one. Called me back about 3 days before I had to leave for my trip and told me that they found one that was due back Thurs (the day I needed to leave) at noon, and would that be ok? I said 'yep' and came in. I saw it drive up, they cleaned it out, and gave me the fob. I just about glomped* the car! LOL. Sooooo worth the wait.

*Glomp: a flying tackle-hug, like an over-exhuberant bearhug done from a running leap.

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks Starbug -- much obliged!

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeppers, no problem! Are you thinking of renting one for a trip? My advice if you do: have them start looking two weeks in advance so that you don't stress about them finding one in time, and so they don't kill themselves trying to find one in time. Makes everybody's life easier. I used the Redmond Enterprise branch, and dealt with a guy named Dan (sorry can't remember his lastname, but I think he was the only Dan there so it shouldn't be a problem).

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks Star! Just got a call from Andy at the Everett Enterprise -- they just got one in, and I'm off to pick it up for the weekend.

Woo-hoo! Finally, an opportunity for some extended first-hand research! :D

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ahh Bookrats dont forget the Wa State Priuschat meeting at Red Robin in the Bellevue Square Mall!!

i am willing to bet you (as starbug experienced so wretchingly) will have problems parting with your Prius come Mon morning.

but the question remains; it is better to have had briefly then have it taken away, or to not have had it at all?

to me... EVERY SECOND COUNTS!!!

GREEN ON BUD!!

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Probably won't be able to make this meeting, Dave -- but I'll be at one of the later meetings for sure.

However, if I "get my chores done" early on Sunday, I'll see if I can wing my way over there in the rental Prius!

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    way to go Dave... two members at the meeting in rent-a-cars...hahaha

Bob Andersen

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey rent, lease or steal!! (ummm, well maybe we should ignore that last one!) we are accepting of all walks of life...even if it is an SUV... they simply get penciled in under the conversion list.

10. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm reformed...I just don't have the car yet. I guess patience is part of the conversion process.

11. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I just realized, Varko -- we've been waiting almost the exact amount of time for our Prius. My order went in a little later -- March 19th.

We're not only P.O.W.s, we're W.P.O.W.s (Washington Prius Owner Wanabees).

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i feel for you both... i know what it was like driving my ford pickup and then coming home and reading about other people's Prius and wondering how they could be so insensitive to not allow me to get mine sooner.

hang in there, as bad as it seems now, it is most definitely worth the wait. hopefully with the up tick in production, you will only be a few weeks away from getting your cars.

13. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    YAY BOOKRATS!!! :clap: Enjoy your Rent-a-Prius! And do what I should have done come Monday... DON'T GIVE IT BACK! :rofl: :lol: (you didn't hear me say that....) :mrgreen: It is in some ways harder now to drive Beast and wait for my own Prius after having experianced one, but in other ways it makes the wait easier since I am nolonger dieing of curiosity about the car. In the end, I'm glad I did it.

Are you insulting Beast?! *shocked* Beast loves Prii!! Beast supports them! Oh poor poor Beast...so unappreciated.
    :lolup:

Well if you guys want to invade the hobby shop this weekend while you're all out, be my guest. NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, near GI Joe's. Blue & white '86 Blazer parked out front. Can't miss it. LOL. We're even going to have the race track set up in front of Subway (they love us) if it doesn't rain, so there may be some people practicing on it. I gotta mind the shop, so I will miss the racing. :(

14. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"41526)</div>
    Like your thinking...just not mine :lol:

15. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    MS. Star... while you are dusting the shelves at the hobby shop, you are keeping an eve out fo someone making a Prius model... Right... and will let us know the minute one comes out...right

thank you, Bob Andersen

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh yes, so worth the wait. I'm gonna flip out when I get the call saying "it's here, come pick it up". And probably when I receive the fob in the mail too. :mrgreen:

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    only get key chain in mail... no fob...

also star keep an eye out for the Prius RC car... i want one... i am going to get one of one type or another here shortly...

i need to practice my driving and i have till next summer to become really good at it...

sooo...

when does the next RC driving school class start?

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep when you put that fob in pocket or purse... get in and carefully... drive off that is a moment. This is the most fun car I have had in a decade or more and it continues to engage me. BTW I could bring my laptop. If we had hot site near by we could do something if you can get online at work. Just a thought.

19. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Dave: key chain only? Darn. Oh well, I like key chains... I collect em.

Star... are you sure you dont just like "Chains"??

20. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"41628)</div>
    Oh yes, you bet I'm keeping an eye our for em! :mrgreen: And I will deffinately let you guys know the moment I find out that they've made one. :D