1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Renting Green

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by boulder_bum, Apr 30, 2007.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm flying out to Texas this weekend for my sister-in-law's graduation, and I'm wondering if it's possible to rent a high-mileage car from some service.

I checked on a few of the fleets from some of the bigger names, and the only thing I could find close to what I'm looking for is a "Green" selection of cars from Hertz. This sounded good at first, but all of the cars were non-hybrid ordinary cars that get about 25 MPG (which doesn't impress me).

Has anyone found a true "green" car rental agency in their travels?

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was recently looking for a rental outlet for a Prius in Chicago. Like you, I found that Hertz's "green" selection had no hybrids. Beyond that, none of the rental shops at O'Hare had them. You'd think that you could find one at the one of the world's busiest airports.

A dealer may be your best bet (several Chicago dealerships had them). But then you have to figure out how to get to the dealership from the airport.

The only "true green" car rental agency I've found is at www.evrental.com. But that won't help you; their only listed locations are Phoenix and several California cities.