1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Repairs and Recalls

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kurt, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Kurt

Kurt New Member

Shortly after buying my Prius I phoned my local Toyota dealer regarding only being able to put in 9 gallons of gas in the 12 gallon tank. I even gave him the TSB number but at the time I didn't know if my vehicle was going to be on the recall list. He told me he had never heard of the TSB or the problem...mind you this was a while ago.

However, if I was able to find out this info, he should have had this info.

Shortly thereafter I received a notice to have my GPS updated due to problems (which I never had any). I again phone my local dealer and he told me the disc to correct the problem added more problems and then suggested that I ignore the recall. After asking others about the fix-it-disc I heard there were no problems.

I'm getting the feeling this mechanic wants to kiss off any problems due to his lack of knowledge and is skeptical to work on the Prius...but I could be wrong (supposedly he is "the" Prius mechanic for this dealership).

I'm in Southern California...for those of you that need repairs done, how are you finding the Prius mechanic? Knowlegable and doing the repairs bringing your Prius back to "new" condition? Or are you finding they are learning as they go and you need to take your Prius back time and again?

Which dealerships are you finding good and which not so good?

Thanks

2. elky

elky New Member

Where in so. cal. I'm a prius tech right here in so. cal.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    elky,

Can you let us know which dealer you work for? Some of us may go out of our way to have you work on our cars.

Thanks.

4. elky

elky New Member

toyota of riverside (inland empire).. might be a little far for you isameri.. but im here if you need me. :)

brandon

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am afraid you are right. It was just over a seventy miles drive home from Crown Toyota in Ontario, where my broker obtained the car for me. I guess you are at least ten miles farther.

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Several people have posted here about their dis-satisfaction with the fuel tank TSB. I decided that it was not worth the bother and risk.