1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. RSB

RSB New Member

I have to replace the driverside passenger door panel for my 2005 Prius- just the panel, not the entire door- and am wondering if any knows how much the repair should cost.

Thanks,
    Rachel

2. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Are you talking about the inside panel? If so, that's a pretty simple procedure; I watched the body shop guy pop mine off when he replaced a damaged side view mirror. I'm impressed that the Prius was assembled in a way that makes disassembly for repair much easier.

I don't know what it would cost to replace it, but if you get the panel, you should be able to do it yourself. I wouldn't expect a body shop to spend more than 15 minutes doing it.

3. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I had to have the driver's side (outside) repaired. Including paint and labor it cost about $1,000. As you described, the whole door had to be done.

4. RSB

RSB New Member

thanks- wanted to get an idea of cost- figured they would overcharge & wanted a price point

5. dannored

dannored New Member

I had two door dings and a vandal's key scratch repaired on both passenger side doors. It cost $869. The insurance guy said that Seaside Pearl was a three stage paint. Now I have a worse ding on my other door. Careless people :angry:

6. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The only issue with Prius II body work I can think of is the hood and hatch. Being aluminum, they take special tools and paint to work.

All other body work should be the same as for any other car as best I can figure.

But yes, fancy paints can be more expensive to match. I think I read somewhere that Toyota was using new low VOC paints on the prius too, which may be an issue.