1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace basic audio unit with Navigation system

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aurelio, Mar 30, 2016.

1. aurelio

aurelio Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone.

I just ordered today my first Prius, 4gen base edition (mexican market). I ordered it because I think the extras I get in the premium edition doesn't worth an extra 3500usd (leather seats, HUD, navigation and line assyst that would never be used here in Mexico).

But I would like to have the premium audio unit, but it is not possible to order it with just the unit upgraded. I know there is no possibility to upgrade the software, but I guess there always be possible to replace it with the navigation equipped premium unit. Does anyone know if this would be possible to be done in the future?

In fact, I think the navigation system is not good enough to justify a replacement, but I like the apps option in the premium system, specially the app that lets you keep track of maintenance directly in the vehicle. And also it has a better screen, 7'' hd vs 6'' mediocre-resolution.

I know you can do it with your phone, but let's be realistic... something would be missed or lost when changing phone.

And for you to know, Prius base version in Mexico final price is 19700usd, with absolutelly no discount at all, and no possibility to get any discount in any dealer. I think that it's a real bargain for that price.