1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace JBL Amplifier in 2010 Prius III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jfloat, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jfloat

jfloat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 Prius III with the JBL navigation/sound package. My amplifier has died so I need to get a new one. I dont really want to go to a lot of effort to upgrade everything, I just want the most simple and cost effective amp. Any recommendations? Cruchfield said I should get: Apline KTP-445U Power Pack

2. prmp945

prmp945 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you don't want to "go to a lot of effort to upgrade everything" and want the "most simple and cost effective" solution, then why not just get a factory JBL amp and replace your dead one? There are plenty of nearly new amps taken out by owners who want to upgrade to an aftermarket amp.

3. jfloat

jfloat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you. That is exactly what I was thinking. I found one on ebay for a decent price.

4. prmp945

prmp945 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You might want to post an wanted ad in the classifieds here before buying on eBay. I just had a look at the eBay prices, and I think they are a little high to be honest.

Burna J likes this.