1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced 12v battery and all brake warning lights are now on.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by krueger246, Nov 25, 2019.

1. krueger246

krueger246 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey,
    I replaced my 12v battery the other day and now all my brake warning lights are on. Should I be concerned or is there maybe a fuse that blew after changing the battery?

thanks

2. Andrew_Ph

Andrew_Ph Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There shouldnt be a connection between one and the other. Try steering completely one way and then the other a few times (worked a few times when my abs was acting up). Turn the vehicle off and on again. Un connect, wait a few seconds and reconnect the battery if that didnt work.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would go back through my work and make sure all the connections are clean and tight, especially the neg to ground.
    the brake power unit is on top of the battery wiring, so maybe something got messed up in there.

4. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    In addition to suggestions above, when you re-connect the negative battery terminal do so carefully. Avoid bouncing the clamp on the post. A clean connection between off and on.