1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced ABS Actuator, now C1364 / 222 code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ringinear, Apr 27, 2019.

1. ringinear

ringinear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had all of the brake warning lights lit on a 2004 Prius. The codes at the time were C1256 and C1310 with the actuator cycling every couple of seconds and making a light thumping sound.

I replaced the old with an EBay purchased abs actuator, filled and bled the inverter fluid and filled the brake fluid. On power up I get the ABS VSC and skid control lights again but the code now reads C1364 with a detail code of 222, pointing to the Right Front Wheel cylinder voltage sensor. Techstream shows the voltage to be 4.9V compared to the other wheels at about .45V.

I did try to clear the codes, and Techstream seems to think they are cleared but the lights and the code remains in the system. I also tried to do an air bleed of the system, but Techstream almost immediately comes back with an Air Bleed Failed message.

Any thoughts on this? Thank you