1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced my 6 non-JBL speakers today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ScubaX, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I replaced the stock non-JBL's today with Infinity 60.7cs up front and 63.7i's for the rear. The sound improvement is remarkable, but still needs more. Tomorrow I will be adding an Kicker 4 channel amp and Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered amp. Also going in tomorrow will be the Vais AIC-100i.

After these improvements I will be adding B-Quiet to the doors and then working on my next upgrade which will be either a carpc or indash GPS/DVD player.

Two things to note on the front install. The first is that I have heard other installers just using the pressure provided by the housing to hold the tweeter or using some glue. I found a third option. I drilled two small holes on either side of the tweeter in the plastic ridges/braces at a level just below the tweeter. Then I ran a zip tie through them and accross the middle of the backside of the tweeter. It holds it in perfectly.

The other is that if you loose the clip that holds the top pin of the tweeter housing into the mirror housing, be careful on re-installing the mirror. I snapped one of the bolts when re-tightening it up. Very cheap metal! :eek: Anybody know the part number? I will be at Toyota tomorrow trying to get a new one.

2. jayselle

jayselle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How is the before and after comparison with just the stock head unit? The Infinity Kappa's have always been a good bang for your buck replacement and will probably be my first choice. No doubt an added amplifier will bring them to life though.

3. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is improvement accross the board. The tweeter really stands out compared to the stocks. The mid's and lows are vastly improved. Can't wait to hear them with the amp and a sub installed.

4. NotFuelish

NotFuelish New Member

I'm interested in doing this too. Where did you purchase the speakers?

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got them on eBay from this seller.

6. NotFuelish

NotFuelish New Member

Thanks!!!

7. datavortex

datavortex New Member

I got my Infinity Kappa 60.7cs speakers from this seller. Had the best price anywhere at the time, service was excellent and shipping was very fast.

8. leeskarha

leeskarha New Member

Ordered two pair of Kappa 60.7cs from the same seller. They should be here Friday. I have the JBL system and plan to replace the speakers in front without the crossover and install the 'system' in the rear doors. I already have a Basslink sub and Dyanmat installed. I hope this will be my last upgrade.
    -Lee