1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced turn signal bulb still not working! Maybe a loose connection?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by John McGee, Jun 18, 2024 at 5:22 PM.

1. John McGee

John McGee New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all,

I recently acquired a 2013 trim 4 Prius and the left turn signal went out. I replaced the bulb and still doesn’t seem to be working. I then swapped the drivers side and passenger side bulbs and both worked on the right side. The car recently swerved off road but the accident didn’t seem likely to have caused any damage. Now I’m wondering if there is a bigger issue. I did take a look and there appears to be something disconnected. I see no obvious places where this plug would have come from but if anybody know the wiring better and could help that would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. John McGee

John McGee New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Also meant to mention the actual socket connection that you twist to get at the bulb seems fine and connected

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So Trace back from the socket I don't think it unplugs so that plug hanging they have nothing to do with your turn signals they should just come out of a black wrapped harness on the plug and socket go right to the turn signal these are the ones in the bumper cover I'm guessing I will say this in a 2010 my other half smacked the front bumper cover lightly over on the driver side and it smacked something and put a dent in the front bumper cover just under the headlight but a little towards the right of the little corner of the headlight in the bumper cover and after that the right turn signal stopped working when I trimmed the bumper cover and pull down the spot that it smacked against the aluminum piece that would be essentially your bumper It had broken the wire that shoots over to the right side of the car to activate the right turn signal I made the splice glued the piece of the bumper cover back down that I had peeled up and it's been working ever since since you mentioned you had some kind of a fender bender hit something or whatever maybe that's possible maybe not