1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

replacement of interior led lights/ door panels

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by gas sipper, May 13, 2012.

1. gas sipper

gas sipper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    does anyone happen to know the light bulb size or parts number for the map lights and cargo area lights I want to replace them with leds. Also if there is anyway or if they even make door panels that are black i hate the white/off grey look. I have the model 2

2. big pete

big pete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The map lights are 194 bulbs. As for the door panel color, you can get some SEM plastic/vinyl dye. A lot of Honda guys use it to dye their dash/consoles from grey to black.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do a little reading, there have been many topics on LED lights. It's cool you got a "c", but it's still a Prius. Odds are you will not come up with a mod that has not been already done to a Gen I, II, III!
    I did this thread for a Gen II, but the materials sources are still valid for you!
    Read this thread, http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...about-60-led-drl-turn-signal-in-one-bulb.html

Autoilumination makes good LEDs, I personally have had NO problems, others might disagree. Everyone has an idea, that's what makes this forum so great.
    Any questions, PM me, I would be happy to assist you!!

4. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    anyone know how to pop out the len?

I want to change the dome light and the side mirror light,but can't take out the len. lol

5. hnx676

hnx676 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    For the interior dome light, just pry at the edge of the len slowly and steadily and it will pop out by itself. It was attached with several clips around the edges...

For the side mirror, as far as I know it is a sealed assembly with the bulb inside. Anyone know how to safely take it apart for bulb replacement?

6. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I tried to pry open the side mirror, but I am worrying I will crack the len, so I gave up. lol

7. gas sipper

gas sipper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i tried taking the cargo light out to check what bulb it was to replace with an led and cant get it out of those silver prongs anyone else have any luck? Also anyone know if they will offer interchangeable parts such as on my dash I have that off white-ish swirl thing above my glove box on the prius c two and would prefer the all black. Im also hoping the map lights are 194 but anyone know what base 194? wide angle etc?

8. hnx676

hnx676 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a small screwdriver to slowly push the bulb out from the socket.. It's tight but it's still possible... For the replacement LED you may want to try something like a small multiple-LED panel with 194 adapter... that will be much brighter then a single LED 194 bulb... I did my map light the same way too...

Replacing the dash? How about this ?
    Rakuten:
    I was interested too until I saw the asking price... :(

9. gas sipper

gas sipper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    wow that is pricey! I noticed in the prius c one model the dash is all black maybe I could trade someone? And for the cargo light I tried prying it out all I got was sparks and was a bit hesitant to try again:(

10. donny612

donny612 "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    And do we know if it's available for our left hand drive cars??

11. hnx676

hnx676 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh this is a good point... It's only for right hand drive car... But even if it's not a problem for me (we have RHD cars here in Singapore)... It's still too costly....

Besides, you can probably order or trade the dash of a C1, which is in black... We only have one trim here in Singapore.. :(