1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement stickers CA HOV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hybridlover2, Aug 1, 2008.

1. hybridlover2

hybridlover2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How long are people waiting to receive their replacement stickers? I sent in all the correct forms (reg 1000, reg 256, collision repair invoice, copy of clean air certificate, all 4 stickers, and $8). They cashed my check six weeks ago and still nothing. When I called they said it could take as long as 90 days. Is that everybody's experience? Someone backed into me in a parking lot!

2. avocadoman1

avocadoman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
  3. wyman

wyman New Member

I applied for replacement early July and it took exactly 2 weeks to receive the replacement stickers.

4. avocadoman1

avocadoman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    since Arnold's implementation of DVM cut-backs, and this week's announcement about state workers going to minimum wage...

that's probably why there are (and will be) delays.

as i previously stated in another HOV thread: the "HOV Sticker Department" is a catch-all of sorts. a very few people manage it and their attention to it is secondary to their primary work-load (whatever that is).

so HOV stickers take a back seat..hence, the delays.

5. joyjit

joyjit New Member

I recently had to get my 2005 Prius repaired for body damage and needed replacement stickers.

To my pleasant surprise, I got my replacement stickers in exactly 2 weeks:

1. Mailed in all documents on July 19th - reg 1000, reg 256, *all* 4 of my stickers, and an invoice from body shop showing the nature of my repair, and $8 check
    2. Received the stickers on Aug 2nd. $8.00 check was cashed on Aug 1st.

I should add that this was my second attempt at getting replacement stickers. In my first attempt (based on a phone conversation with a DMV person), I only sent $8, reg 256 and reg 1000. They sent back my uncashed check and included a note which asked me to send in all 4 stickers as well a paperwork from bodyshop showing the nature of damage.