1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement valet pads?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by johnmcsoft, Aug 9, 2006.

1. johnmcsoft

johnmcsoft New Member

Does anyone know where I can get the pad of instructions for valets? My Prius didn't have any when I got it, and although my dealer promises he'll take some out of the next Prius that comes his way, I'd feel better if someone else didn't get shorted.

If need be, I can make up my own, but I'm not sure what all I should include or how detailed the instructions need to be.

Can someone tell me exactly what the pads say and what kinds of drawings or pictures they have?

Or even better, has anyone scanned the pads and would be willing to share the scan?

Thanks!

- John

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mine came with the valet cards, but I haven't used any of them yet. I've had my Prius valet parked a handful of times and each time the person driving/parking it knew how to handle it.

Here's a link to a valet card (from the 2004 Prius~nothing has changed since then though) that you can print out:

http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Image:prius-v...-card-small.jpg

Here's a link to another thread that has a pdf attachment of the valet cards that you can download and print out as well:

See post #2 for attachment

3. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do you want mine? I live in rural upstate NY and have never had my car valet parked. I'd be glad to pop them in the mail to you...

4. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Aug 9 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]300444[/snapback]</div>
    I was JUST about to offer the same thing!!!

5. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    u'll be surprised how seldom they're used. I live in the LA area and i've used it once in the year that I've had my prius. Even then, the valet didn't even bother, the prius is widespread enough now that most valets kno how to drive it. Although it is funny that once I asked a valet if he knew how to drive a prius, he said yes, and i gave him the keys, as I was going in to the restrauant, I see him in my car but playing with the shifter but the car aint moving. Took him a good 15 seconds before he realized the shifter goes back to its original position. Either way, no harm done. I guess those pads are good to have around but I've barely used them.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And just in case, here's another version.

[attachmentid=4442]

7. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't worry, Jeeves will pick up on how to park the car relatively quickly.

8. johnmcsoft

johnmcsoft New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sl7vk @ Aug 10 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]300802[/snapback]</div>
    The garages in NYC all know what to do, but out here in western NJ, it's unusual to find anyone who knows what to do. The guys at the car wash were stymied, hopefully they'll remember next time.

Thanks for the .jpg and the offers of "real" pads - I think I'll just print the .jpg and leave it on the dash when it's needed.

PriusChatters rock!

- John