1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement visors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mjw, Nov 14, 2005.

1. mjw

mjw New Member

Many cars have a little plastic extension that pulls out of the main visor for those times when the sun is a little beyond the reach of the normal visor. I'm wondering if anybody has seen an aftermarket replacement (at least for drivers side, but preferably for both) for an '05.

(I saw a thread from June that had a link to a cheap-looking plastic clip-on, but I'm hoping somebody has found a better solution by now...)

mike

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think I remember someone saying that the Camry visor should fit in the screw holes. Keep in mind that the biger visor won't fit in the ceiling indintation. Also, someone else mentioned the side curtain airbags. If you have them, you might want to consider folding the larger visor before you are struck from the side to prevent the visor from hitting you in the head.

Though I agree with you. I was spoiled in my prevoiuis car with extendable visors.

3. hornetmo

hornetmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did you find a solution? My Matrix had visors that slid on the post so as to
    adjust to the side sun. Sure would like to "fix" my Prius.