1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by andreimontreal, Oct 23, 2019.

1. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see my line are rusted badly, wanted to grab brake lines (hydraulics) while replacing calipers . Someone correct or confirm - there are two parts for lines in the back (inner and outer) and only one piece in front (for each side of course, left and right)?

I had to ask, I'm somewhat confused with all these bits, although I did notice the two lines at least in the back. Also an opinion on Wagner vs Raybestos for this product.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any pictures? I'm wondering where they have rusted.

Some kind of polymer-coated steel seems to be what Toyota is using. The last time I changed lines on anything, I used cunifer, which I could get a roll of for not very much money from the friendly local auto store, and I already had flare tools. Besides its corrosion properties, the stuff is more bendable than steel, to the point it's not unpleasant to form by hand.