1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

replacing cd changer with mp3 cd changer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aanimate, Apr 22, 2005.

1. aanimate

aanimate New Member

Does anybody know if it is possible to replace existing cd changer with cd changer which can play mp3s?
    thanks!

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

No, but you may be able to add one using an Aux-In adapter.

3. aanimate

aanimate New Member

What is so special about the changer? does it have some specials connectors that othe changer don't have?

4. DanP

DanP Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aanimate\";p=\"83573)</div>
    I don't know how much a replacement cd changer would cost, but have you considered an iPod with a cassette adapter?

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Whatever you drop in to that slot needs to be AVC-LAN compatible so that it works with the touch-screen controls.

6. DanH

DanH New Member

Here's a thread in the FAQ section that lists a few of the available aux input boxes. What the essentially do is use the plug where a CD changer would go to give you an aux input with two RCA connectors. There also exists specific ones for the iPod that allow you to control some of the iPod's fuctions from the steering wheel and charge the iPod as well.

Another cool product coming out soon that I'm considering myself, also offers a video input as well, is Coastal Tech's ViewTech 2005. I could use the video input for a backup camera or even maybe a simple Car PC to do MP3 stuff and NAV.

7. aanimate

aanimate New Member

does any body knows the brand of cd changer that comes with prius package 6?