1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing Driver Side Quarter panel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kmovva, Jul 21, 2009.

1. kmovva

kmovva New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Parked at local Costco, later noticed front driver side quarter panel was bashed in - looked like tire marks at the height of headlight, so assuming big nice person SUV pulled out at an angle. Body shop gave me an estimate for $1400 and said there not any frame damage. Prior posts have said that the rear quarter panel cannot simply be replaced DIY as it needs special welding. Is it true for front driver side panel too? I hate hit and run drivers!!!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is true that the rear quarter panel is welded to the rest of the body; if you examine that area you will not see any visible seams or gaps there.

If you are talking about replacing the front fender, that is a bolt-on replacement. Whether or not it is DIY depends upon your body repair skills. (That's a skill I don't personally have, so I'm content to leave that work to a good body shop.)