1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing OEM radio w/out bluetooth with one that has it.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Acurrier, May 30, 2017.

1. Acurrier

Acurrier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all, I am thinking about wanting to replace my radio/MFD with another OEM unit that has bluetooth on it. When running through my cars diagnostic menu on the MFD , I noticed options for bluetooth, bu they were all greyed out, leading me to the conclusion that it CAN have bluetooth, but this unit does not have the capabilities. Any advice on whether it is the stereo unit, the MFD or some other part that houses the bluetooth capability? Thanks everyone!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You're better off installing a Pioneer unit under the OEM radio. It'll still maintain the stock look as you won't be removing the OEM radio. The new Pioneer radios are quite inexpensive and the technology is about 10x better than the old Toyota stuff.

3. stockdaddy

stockdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The bluetooth is only for using your telephone and doesn't include the stereo. You can buy a bluetooth receiver and plug it into your aux jack.

4. Ajourney101

Ajourney101 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1499063932740.png
    With this unit you can bluetooth the music through the radio station 87.9

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.