1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing Plastic Dashboard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by plorio, Mar 17, 2010.

1. plorio

plorio New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I recently went to get a brake tag and the idiot decided to spray Carborator Cleaner to remove the sticky residue left over from the old one. I, of course, just assumed it was windex or something so when it splashed all over the dashboard, I wiped up what I could but didn't really pay too much attention to it. The next day, I noticed that my plastic dashboard was completely discolored on the driver's side from where the carborator cleaner splashed. Also, the silver area around the center air vent was also severely discolored. I am currently fighting the gas station to try to get some compensation for this, but no luck so far.

My question is is it possible to replace both the large plastic dashboard and the silver area around the air vent? If so, does anyone know how much it would cost?

Thanks so much for any help,
    plorio

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is possible. MSRP of the dashboard is $430 while the vent is $161 - $176. Add labor time.

ToyoDIY.com

3. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's awful, gotta get the station to pony up on that one.

- D

4. Priusfromevil

Priusfromevil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, take them to small claims. They might be interested in settling, although that amount might not be significant enough. Your time is worth more perhaps.