1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing Rear Middle Seatbelt Receptacle

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cdogstu99, Dec 24, 2023.

1. cdogstu99

cdogstu99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My kids jammed something in the real middle receptacle of my 2012 Prius II. I tried to dig it out and in the meantime i think i broke the receptacle. I got a quote for $400 to replace it from a dealer and said no way so wanted to see if i could do it on my own. I pulled back the seat and it looks like maybe the two female receptacles are held in together with just one bolt that appears accessible. Has anyone done this before?

And I'm wondering where's the best place to get this part? I think this is it if I'm not mistaken, it's the middle and the left receptacles together....is am i right on this?

Merry Christmas!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can probably clean it out if you remove it. Or you can go to a junk yard and pull one off a Prius for $20. I wish we could throw owner's of dealerships in jail for trying to charge $400 for that part. Once you threw enough of them in Jail, they wouldn't feel so comfortable about ripping people off.

3. cdogstu99

cdogstu99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. Ended up buying one used on eBay for $25. It was here in like three days. Took me roughly 10 minutes to take out the bolt and replace with the new one. All is good. And you are right, I would love to throw the dealership in jail. So not right what they try to get away with! Happy new year.

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Cool Profile Photo. Is that Babe Ruth?