1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing snow tires with.. advice please?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by harper42, Mar 17, 2008.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I'm in small-town Indiana. I can go to WalMart or TireBarn for tires. What is a good stock tire, that I could purchase either of these places, that would work well on the Prius? Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Are you looking for an all-season tire to replace the snow tires year round, or a summer tire?

Tom

3. harper42

harper42 Member

Maybe an all season tire?. Never know for sure when I'll hit rain/ice, mud, gravel. I'm a country girl. What's a good tire for the Prius?

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I run the Micheline MXV4+ Energy in the stock size. Micheline has changed it to the MXV4 Primacy, or something to that effect, but it's basically the same tire. I find it works great for summer driving and is more than adequate for our snowy Michigan winters. Many posters also swear by the Nokian WR (I think I have that right - could be WG or WR-G) tires. They also come in a compatible size.

Tom