1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing the front seats with better units

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ALS, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 III and the seats are ok for a daily driver but any time I take it out on the road for more than four or five hours they become very uncomfortable. Has any one looked into replacing their seats with those offered in a IV or V and the cost associated with the swap? I've been looking for a wrecked IV or V to snag the seats unfortunately the Prius IV and V are not that popular in the average salvage yard. Would the seats out of a Camry, bolt into a Prius to expand my possibilities?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You could have an auto upholstery person redo the bottom seat cushion without losing your seat air bags on the sides of the seat backs. But if you buy aftermarket race car style seats you'll lose your air bags that are built into the seat... And it'd be a bummer if your family realized your untimely demise was because your air-bag protection seats were not comfortable enough to keep.

Seat comfort has been talked about often on this site... And we've realized that much of the problem is due to people having pre-existing health problems, especially being out of shape. It's hard to be comfortable sitting in any kind of seat for a long time if you're overweight or have a bad back...

I exercise regularly and am in good shape and I was worried I'd be uncomfortable when I got a used Prius at the start of the year. But truth is I can drive the car for 8-10 hours with just one quick gas stop and be reasonably comfortable the entire time. If I had a big belly or a bad back or bad hip or knee or never exercised I'd never be able to do that...

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    PS: I've been told that Toyota Yaris seats fit in a Prius...