1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

replacing XM with Sirius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kathiag96, Jun 21, 2007.

1. kathiag96

kathiag96 New Member

Hi everyone - we just spoke with our dealer, who's been trying to find us an 07 touring (mag grey) pkg 6 with little luck. He's just told us that toyota has ramped down production on the touring by 20% and that it would be at least another 90 days before we could get one with the exact configuration we're looking for.

He's found one with all our requests at another dealer, but it's got extra options that were dealer installed. He's working with us to remove the stuff we don't want (floor mats etc) but we're still waiting to hear if they can take out the XM and replace it with Sirius.

Does anyone know how feasible this is? We're telling him that we'll be willing to pay the labor if they will switch out the hardware for us for no charge. He's supposed to talk with his service dept and get back to us...in the meantime any info you guys might have would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. luiset83

luiset83 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kathiag96 @ Jun 21 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]465770[/snapback]</div>
    I might be wrong on this, but it might be the same interface cable between the Sirius and XM tuners. If not, then it's just replacing the tuner/cable and antenna if necessary.

Installing Sirius on an '04 wasn't bad... I bought the tuner and harness online, and got the SiriusPrius installation DVD and did it myself... to a dealer it shouldn't be more than a few hours work at most, I think.