1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reporter takes Volt on test drive, VIDEO, tours GM EV facility, discusses Volt mpg calculation

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  2. bluetwo

bluetwo Relevance is irrelevant

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not bad. I mean I basically didn't get much out of the first article and the video was ok but the second article seemed well written and only redundant one or two times. :D

Great finds actually.

3. Jim Calvert

Jim Calvert New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Too bad General Motors is still using a "Mule" to demonstrate the characteristics of the Volt. When will they do a demonstration in a real Volt (or at least in a pre-production Volt, including a pre-production Volt body)?

Reminds me of the Eestor ultracapacitor "progress" reports the public has been receiving for several years now.

4. Richard Vankle

Richard Vankle Prius Hybrid enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, it's hard to say what's real. I followed the eestor saga myself, and now the same with the Volt.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My understanding is it won't be available until November 2010 and initially just 200/month. So what we're seeing is the 'beta' or 'demo.' Understand I have no problem with showing the 'beta' but I have only ridden in one two-mode hybrid, the now discontinued Saturn Vue two-mode.

GM's hybrids are sold in such small quantities and with such modest performance, I'm really not terribly interested. Like 'unobtanium,' I don't see a serious production ramping up anytime soon.

Bob Wilson