1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reporting in, and thanks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rangerdavid, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Just wanted to give a quick report that I've had my Prius two weeks yesterday. Also, yesterday morning I had to put gas in it for the first time. It took 9.6 gallons and I averaged 47.4 MPG for the tank. Considering it was the first tank in a new car, I'm very VERY HAPPY!!!!! :D

Thanks to all who have shared their advice on this site so I could learn how best to drive the car before it even arrived. My average on the new tank is currently 53.6. Since I live in the mountains, I'm very pleased with the performance (overall) of the vehicle. I've notice a shocking readout on the MPG going up hills, usually in the neighborhood of 12 to 20 MPG. By hills I guess I mean very steep inclines like my driveway, very steep. But it all seems to average out in the long run. Even on dirt or gravel roads it handles like a dream, this car has amazed me just about every day so far. Thank you all for your input and posts. I'm getting mud flaps tomorrow and going to try to do the install myself, so I may be asking for some help.

peace all.... :D

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    2 weeks on 10 gallons of gas... doesn't that feel nice? :lol: you'll love it more and more as gas prices continue to rise. at least that's been our experience.

4. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Glad you are enjoying your new Prius. It seems like I enjoy mine more every day. Don't forget the road trip to a Pirate game this fall. :D

5. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So far, I'm about to get my 3rd tank of gas, but the second was used up fast for a tirp to Key West. I still haven't gotten it yet, and am holding off just a little while longer. I'm loving it!

6. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, the MPG will drop shockingly to even 10-20 under full acceleration on an incline---as often happens in places like SF. Some hilly environments work against you, some to your advantage. But, as noted, it all evens out.

Enjoy!